POSITION FUNCTION: Provide engineering services and technical assistance as required to support the quotation process and related functions performed by the Inside Sales Group.
Duties and Requirements:
- Independently prepare quotations, determine cost estimates and prices, develop proposal descriptions, develop or markup technical drawings, and establish selling strategies from customer’s User Requirement Specifications or from reports given by Outside Sales. Finished work to be reviewed and approved by the appropriate Product Manager before submission.
- Prepare costing, pricing, and related technical information as necessary to support the quotation and related sales processes. As required, travel to customer site to provide technical support and assistance.
- Work with design engineering and the laboratory on Freund-Vector’s new products and designs. From that work, develop the necessary materials (cost sheets, summary sheets, proposal descriptions, drawings, detailed explanations to field sales, etc.) for the Sales Support Group to introduce those products and designs to the market.
- Create CAD drawings (installation layout, specification drawings) to support the quotation process.
- Provide backup assistance, as necessary, to the Product Manager function.
- Provide technical presentations and speeches to Vector’s customers as required.
- Provide technical and sales training to Vector personnel as needed through the preparation of visual aids, technical information and stand-up instruction.
- Work with project execution functions, as necessary, to meet project deadlines.