1. Research, coordinate, and implement individual customer product testing and contracted development projects; Maintain detailed reports of customer testing and data generation; Demonstrate equipment operation and its capabilities to potential customers; Interface directly with customer on scheduling, process assistance, reformulation and production scale-up; Coordinate with field sales personnel on customer contact and notify of testing results; Provide follow-up contact with customer after completion of lab work.
2. Evaluate customer needs and advise on equipment selection and use to meet the stated needs most effectively; Coordinate with and advise Engineering department of customer requirements for purchasing equipment and designing alterations to standard equipment to meet objectives of customer; Interface and assist with coordination of sales, service, and engineering efforts to accommodate customers’ needs.
3. Participate in research and development projects to improve upon or evaluate the potential of product lines.
4. Specify and order chemicals, excipients, and miscellaneous equipment per customer requirement.
5. Up to 25% travel to customer facilities to provide start-up, processing or product development and scale-up assistance with little advance notice.
6. Attend seminars and courses to keep current on process technology, competitive hardware, coatings, polymers, and excipients; Participate in seminars and conferences as schedule allows.