POSITION FUNCTION: Perform detailed drafting and detailing work on variety of equipment designed or manufactured by Freund-Vector. Serve as the Mechanical Engineering representative for sold-order projects requiring limited design requirements.
- Perform design and detail drafting work under supervision of engineering personnel. Ensure that all bills of material are complete and accurate before release to manufacturing.
- Will support the Mechanical Engineers in creating detailed design documents from 3D models as needed.
- Maintain awareness of factors affecting cost and make suggestions that will result in cost improvements.
- Concept, detail, and update mechanical design drawings as required for sold orders and/or R&D projects.
- Execute ECO’s and determine status of scrap or rework.
- Communicate with Project Management and other design disciplines as required to complete assigned tasks for sold order projects.
- Communicate with Purchasing Department and their vendors as designed parts are being manufactured towards the lowest possible cost.
- Communicate and provide work direction to assembly personnel as necessary to efficiently complete assembly of the equipment.
- Participate in customer testing at Freund-Vector’s facility
- Prepare cost estimates to modify standard Freund-Vector equipment to meet customer requirements, select vendor items and concept new systems for estimates.
- Responsible for development of documentation for other departments as requested.
- Verify equipment manuals and spare parts list for accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as a backup to the Application Draftsperson and Controls Draftsperson as required.