- Concept, detail, and update mechanical design drawings and bills of materials as required for sold orders and/or R&D projects.
- Provide direction and work instructions to Mechanical Draftsperson(s).
- Execute ECO’s and determine status of scrap or rework.
- Communicate with Project Management and other design disciplines as required to complete assigned tasks for sold order projects
- Communicate with Purchasing Department and their vendors as designed parts are being manufactured towards the lowest possible cost.
- Communicate and provide work direction to assembly personnel as necessary to efficiently complete assembly of the equipment.
- Support Service Department, as required, to resolve problems with equipment in the field.
- Participate in customer testing at Freund-Vector’s facility or at customer’s plant
- Provide technical leadership for design improvements, cost reductions, and maintenance of the product lines.
- Create, update, and maintain baselines associated with related equipment.
- Write reports on new equipment and specifications based on data collected during research and development testing.
- Conduct test procedures on new equipment as necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates to modify standard Freund-Vector equipment to meet customer requirements, select vendor items and concept new systems for estimates.
- Assist in preparation of equipment and system descriptions to be used in the quote process.
- Interface with the Sales, Purchasing, Assembly, and Service departments and the customer as needed.
- Verify equipment manuals and spare parts list for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate mechanical design activities with Controls and Project engineering personnel as necessary.
- Assist in equipment/process installations for customers at Freund-Vector facility or at customer sites.