POSITION FUNCTION: Perform service functions on Freund-Vector equipment in house as required, assisted by a Service Engineer, including calibrations and equipment checkout, calibration databases management, area organization and resolution of service problems.
- Assist service efforts in house under guidance and supervision
- Assist service engineers on service-related phone calls
- Attend internal seminars and technical training sessions when applicable to job responsibilities
- Maintain Freund-Vector rental equipment in proper operating condition
- Maintain efficient and accessible Service Resource Center including owner manuals, assembly blueprints, vendor information, customer files, etc.
- Maintain the Service Department database for customer problem documentation and resolution
EQUIPMENT USED: Personal and laptop computers and related peripherals, oscilloscope, calculator, copier, telephone, two-way radios, assorted hand and power tools and a variety of test and calibration equipment.
- Education – High School graduate or equivalent required. Must be acquiring an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science (Electronics, Instrumentation, Controls) or equivalent education; preferably in last year of education
- Experience – Some experience in service-related field preferred. Must have basic mechanical abilities (basic machining, metal working, surface treatments, etc.); basic pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge (motors, valves, solenoids, pneumatic logic, actuators, etc.); and basic HVAC knowledge (electric and steam heating systems, chilled water systems, refrigerant based systems, control schemes for the aforementioned systems). Good electrical knowledge (wiring, motors, actuators, etc.) and basic industrial controls knowledge (sensors and controls for airflow, temperature control, liquid flow and control, scales, position sensors, etc.) preferred. Knowledge of basics of PLC programming, preferably Allen Bradley and basics of AC and DC motor controllers. Desirable to have a background in electro-mechanical systems, including schematic reading.
- Special Abilities – Must be able to maintain a professional image and attitude while working in-house; must be able to communicate and interact inside the company personnel on both technical and non-technical levels; Must demonstrate technical ability; Must be able to make quality decisions; Must be a self-starter/learner,
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to move freely within Freund-Vector Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Mental Requirements – Must be an analytical thinker; Must be able to diagnose and resolve problems with supervision;
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of an employee assigned to this position to those duties listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary based on Company need and individual capabilities.